LONG TERM CARE BENEFIT
What is Long-Term Care?
Long-term care insurance may help you avoid a far more difficult decision: whether to exhaust your savings or liquidate your assets to pay for a period of long-term care. Long-Term Care (LTC) is the type of care you may need if you could not independently perform the basic activities of daily living: bathing, dressing, using the toilet, transferring from one location to another, continence, eating, or if you have suffered a severe cognitive impairment from a condition such as Alzheimer’s Disease.
Eligibility: Full-time employees working 20 or more hours per week, your spouse, parents, siblings, or spouse’s parents, as well as your children over the age of 18
• Coverage through UNUM
• Must be actively at work on the effective date of coverage
• Choose the coverage that best suits your needs
• Keep your coverage if you retire or change employers
• You may elect coverage on your family members even if you do not elect coverage on yourself
• For New Hire Employees Only: Evidence of Insurability will only be required if electing a lifetime benefit duration; Spouse and Dependents must submit Evidence of insurability
• Employee & Spouse & Eligible Dependents: If electing outside of the initial open enrollment period (New Hire period), health questions will be required
Contact Campus Benefits for assistance with claims.
Call 1-866-433-7661, option 5